Born in Lyon (1992), to a British mother and a French father, respectively of Russian and Kabyle descent, I have always lived a nomadic lifestyle. After spending much of my time in India and Brazil over the past five years, I am now temporarily based in the Dordogne region of south-west France.
I graduated from the London College of Communication in 2014 with a Photography BA (Hons) and a predominantly documentary and portraiture photography portfolio; mirroring my ongoing fascination for the world around me; with a keen interest in capturing people, communities and social phenomena.
In 2019, my practice took a new turn, as I delved deeper into the world of indigenous medicine ceremonies, which encouraged a transitionary phase within my work, from an interest in people, towards the world of plants. Greatly influenced by the art of shamanic rituals, Yoga, Somatics and more recently the practice of 'Menstrual Cycle Awareness', I have recently turned my lens back towards the human form, through the means of self-portraiture.
Not only has this new form of practice enabled me to meet myself on deeper levels, it has also kickstarted my ongoing exploration of the relationship between the human form and the 'Earth body'; resulting in my most recent series, 'BLOOM', 'MOON BLOOD' and 'THIS EARTH BODY IS MY HOME'. Three bodies of work which explore very intimate, yet universal topics, such as our connection with the Earth or the menstrual cycle, and which I hope will invite the viewer into deeper reflections.
Today, my practice finds itself at a cross between performance, embodied practices and fine art photography. It is through this constantly evolving process of transformation, that I have come to realise this medium is my medicine - the one that heals me and the one I am here to share with others. My intention is to use the universal language of art as a tool for activism and healing; acting as a bridge between the subtler realms and the more cartesian western mindset.
Exhibitions & Events:
- The Rite of Fall group exhibition & event with Claudia Hill (artist, Berlin) & Asi Rua (shaman, São Paulo) / September 2019
- Art Reach group exhibition at Bikaner House, New Delhi / December 2017
- Transmodernity group exhibition, KAOS, Berlin / October 2017
- Photomonth group exhibition, Richmix, London / November 2016
- Wanderers group exhibition, Zorba the Buddha, New Delhi / November 2015
- Solo photography exhibition at LTG, New Delhi / October 2015
- Languages of Love, group exhibition, Loophole, Berlin / January 2015
- SIEGE group exhibition, Apartment 58, London / December 2013
- Introducing 2013 group exhibition, Vibe Bar, London / November 2013
- A Tribute Act group exhibition, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London / October 2013
- Estuary group exhibition, The Museum of London / May - October 2013
- Southern Fried One Night Stand group exhibition, London / March 2013
- Plato’s Cave group exhibition, London / March 2013
- Cables Part II group exhibition, Cable Street Studios, London / June - July 2012
- - 'Kyta' - 6 weeks in the village of Kalga, Himachal Pradesh, India / October, November 2015
- - 'Mint' - 4 weeks in the Marrakech Medina / March 2013
- 'My Favourite Shot - Street Life' Life Framer / July 2020
- 'Portrait of Humanity Vol.2' book by The British Journal of Photography, published by Hoxton Mini Press / June 2020
- Ninu Nina Journal / November 2018
- Life Framer / June 2016
- Le Quotidien de L'Art / June 2016
- Analog Year Book / May 2014
- Mint Leaf fanzine #2 / January 2014
- Mint Leaf fanzine #1 / November 2013