Born in Lyon (1992), to a British mother and a French father, respectively of Russian and Kabyle descent, I have always lived a nomadic lifestyle. After spending much of my time in India and Brazil over the past five years, I am now temporarily based in the Dordogne region of south-west France.
I graduated from the London College of Communication in 2014 with a Photography BA (Hons) and a predominantly documentary and portraiture photography portfolio; mirroring my ongoing fascination for the world around me; with a keen interest in capturing people, communities and social phenomena.
In 2019, my practice took a new turn, as I delved deeper into the world of indigenous medicine ceremonies, which encouraged a transitionary phase within my work, from an interest in people, towards the world of plants. Greatly influenced by the art of shamanic rituals, Yoga, Somatics and more recently the practice of 'Menstrual Cycle Awareness', I have recently turned my lens back towards the human form, through the means of self-portraiture.
Not only has this new form of practice enabled me to meet myself on deeper levels, it has also kickstarted my ongoing exploration of the relationship between the human form and the 'Earth body'; resulting in my most recent series, 'BLOOM', 'MOON BLOOD' and 'THIS EARTH BODY IS MY HOME'. Three bodies of work which explore very intimate, yet universal topics, such as our connection with the Earth or the menstrual cycle, and which I hope will invite the viewer into deeper reflections.
Today, my practice finds itself at a cross between performance, embodied practices and fine art photography. It is through this constantly evolving process of transformation, that I have come to realise this medium is my medicine - the one that heals me and the one I am here to share with others. My intention is to use the universal language of art as a tool for activism and healing; acting as a bridge between the subtler realms and the more cartesian western mindset.
Exhibitions & Events:
- The Wild Collective group exhibition, Omved Gardens, London
- Howl: Resurrection of the Wild Woman group exhibition, Waterton Gallery, London
- (No) Place Like Home group exhibition, Venice
- Corona Culture group exhibition, Alte Münze, Berlin
- Mind's Eye group exhibition, Dorset UK
- The Wild Geese Call group exhibition, Old Street Gallery, London
- The Rite of Fall group exhibition & event with Claudia Hill (artist, Berlin) & Asi Rua (shaman, São Paulo)
- Art Reach group exhibition, Bikaner House, New Delhi
- Transmodernity group exhibition, KAOS, Berlin
- Photomonth group exhibition, Richmix, London
- Wanderers group exhibition, Zorba the Buddha, New Delhi
- Solo photography exhibition at LTG, New Delhi
- Languages of Love, group exhibition, Loophole, Berlin
- SIEGE group exhibition, Apartment 58, London
- Introducing 2013 group exhibition, Vibe Bar, London
- A Tribute Act group exhibition, Trinity Buoy Wharf, London
- Estuary group exhibition, The Museum of London
- Southern Fried One Night Stand group exhibition, London
- Plato’s Cave group exhibition, London
- Cables Part II group exhibition, Cable Street Studios, London / June - July 2012
- - 'Kyta' - 6 weeks in the village of Kalga, Himachal Pradesh, India / October, November 2015
- - 'Mint' - 4 weeks in the Marrakech Medina / March 2013
- 'Portrait of Humanity Vol.3' book by The British Journal of Photography, published by Hoxton Mini Press / May 2021
- 'My Favourite Shot - Street Life' Life Framer / July 2020
- 'Portrait of Humanity Vol.2' book by The British Journal of Photography, published by Hoxton Mini Press / June 2020
- Life Framer / June 2016
- Le Quotidien de L'Art / June 2016
- Analog Year Book / May 2014
- Mint Leaf fanzine #2 / January 2014
- Mint Leaf fanzine #1 / November 2013
- Words With / May 2021
- RUS The Brand / January 2021
- 'The A Spotlight' Anuvada / December 2020
- Ninu Nina Journal / November 2018